Wednesday, December 10, 2008

One cute little guy and one cute little girl!!!




Well a pretty status quo day today. Elle slept in and played with her nurse all day. Kaden unfortunately was awake at 3am due to his little neighbour and his crying....he finally fell back asleep at 6:30am. His ketones were 16 this evening when I was there!!!!! WOW!! Now if we could just keep them there. He had a couple of adjustments to his diet today and tonight I rewrote his 'daily routine' for the nurses so that they give him exactly the right amount of fluid. He is fluid restricted so it is VERY important that he does not get any extra as that seems to throw him off in the ketone department. Sensitive little guy!!! Other than that I am now going to go eat my muffin and drink my tea and head to bed!!! Shopping tomorrow morning....gifts and something to wear to Paul's Christmas party......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Candace! My name is Brandi and I am a good friend of Kerrie's. She has mentioned you and your family many times to me and has expressed her empathy and admiration for you and Paul. I wanted to do the same. I read your blog and your children, Elle and Kaden are so beautiful. I can not imagine having to endure what you have but I would like to tell you that I am inspired by your strength and courage and willingness to see the positive in amongst the negative. Having a very sick father over the past few years until he passed away a year ago this month, I have also witnessed and become acquainted with the idea of seeing small blessings (like an amputee who was able to climb some huge staircase to visit a dear friend, even though he almost died when he got to the top - he was so proud of his accomplishment and bragged about it for months). I wish you and your family peace, warmth and love over the holidays season and hope that there are many small blessings for those who are able to see them.

Sincerely,
Brandi Gruninger