Saturday, December 27, 2008

The clean up begins......






Christmas this year was good. Elle and I were actually without colds. The last two we were sick so it has been nice to make it through the season without sickness. Elle has been soooo happy full of smiles and giggles. She has been doing so well with sitting up on her own. Kaden is grumpy!! We are hoping that its just teething. He is having trouble sleeping at night. He isn't crying or fussy in the night just awake. When I look over at him he is full of smiles and giggles just like Elle! Then during the day time he is sleepy and fussy. Tonight he settles when I picked him up and sang very silly made up songs......songs of how he has peas, carrots and beans downstairs in the freezer that are going bad cause he doesn't eat by his mouth right now.....hmmm strange what make babies smile!!! Anyways Paul snuggles him, read him a story and then he fell asleep. He is now sleeping and eating at the same time!!! He is so talented!! haha

Elle and Kaden receives soooo many gifts that like my neighbor next door said 'we are going to have to build an underground storage facility'......Paul and I got our fair share of gifts. Paul and I got ourselves a new Nikon D90 camera for Christmas.....we love that camera and have taken soooo many pictures it crazy!!! We spent Christmas Eve at Paul's sister and Christmas day at my parents. My Grandma and Uncle were there so that was great to spend a Christmas with them. I don't think I can remember the last time I spent a Christmas with my Uncle.....probably not since I was a kid.....it was nice!!!

Paul is off till Jan 5 so we are going to hang out with the kiddies. We are probably going to be staying home New Years as there isn't anyone to really watch the kids and having them out late and bundling them up to take them home is not my idea of fun. I have a craving for a chocolate fondue and maybe just hanging out here!! Guess we will see what happens plans can always change!! Whats everyone else doing?
On Monday Kaden has another Phenobarbital blood level. It is driving Paul crazy not knowing what his level is. Kaden is also getting his new feed tube in!!! We are excited about that as then its not going to be this long annoying thing hanging out and he won't be grabbing at it. Elle has her nurse Aynsley coming Monday too so that is going to be helpful for us.

2 comments:

Mike and Nikki said...

Too bad we couldnt do a Taboo New Years again...didnt we do that last year? And we missed 12:00am hahaha. Glad to hear the kiddos are better. we think of you guys often and you're always in our prayers.

Love ya lots and miss you! Have a healthy happy New Years!!!!!!!

Lorraine said...

Ohhhhhh! So glad to hear nobody got sick for Xmas this year :). Glen is drooling as we speak in regards to your new camera.

With love, 19