Friday, November 28, 2008

String Bean is home!!!!!!!!


Elle is home. I brought her home today at around 4pm. She is still sleepy and kinda weak. Not to be graphic but she is still having explosive poop.....was not a pretty scene tonight.....lets just say it was straight to the bath for her......anyways we hope she is on the road to recovery.

Kaden is still coughing but the good news is he is down to 1/2 litre of oxygen rather than 1 1/2 litres yesterday!! He was started on Ventolin three times a day and some chest physio to help him get all that stuff out of his lungs. He is now down to 2 times a day with the chest physio so that is another good sign!! Our pediatrician was in Kaden and Elle's room last night when we got there and we had a good talk with her for almost an hour and a half!! She is an excellent doctor and we are so thankful we have her. Anyways we are looking forward to getting him well so we can discuss with her, Neurology and Homecare about taking him home.....CAN'T WAIT!!!!!! Can't wait to get him home so we can work on getting his little body stronger so he can do more things. I am also slowly working on trying to find nurses from the hospital that would be interested in caring for Kaden. I already have one name and am working on another just not sure of how to approach her. I talk to her all the time I am just not great with just coming out and asking.....Paul is better at that kinda stuff. Anyways we will see what happens!!

Paul just got back from seeing Kaden and he slept the whole time he was there......nothing else new with him other than his nurse tonight doesn't seem to know how to wash her hands.....WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE??????? Hello we would like to get him home not infect him with something else......AHHHHHH!!!!!


2 comments:

Nana said...

We are so glad that Elle is home. I really enjoyed being at the hospital every day to snuggle and play with both of our amazing grandkids. You and Paul are also amazing and we dearly love you both.
Loving you all....Nana

Trudy Holmes said...

Hello Candace&Paul,
Your Mom Sharon passed your blog to me and I read it as often as I can. As a Nana too of 2 little ones I marvel at your strength to keep going. You have 2 beautiful children.Sending you all my very best wishes. I look forward to your next update. Godbless!

Trudy Holmes
Vancouver BC