Thursday, April 23, 2009

My Daddy is out of town......:(




Paul left for Atlanta, Georgia yesterday afternoon. He will be gone till next Wednesday. So, Nana is staying with us!!

Kaden had a Neurology appointment yesterday and everything is going well. We will take him for a blood level on Monday and then go from there if anymore changes need to be made. He is rolling like crazy. He can roll from his back to his tummy and then back to his back. He seems to be getting stronger. He has also been spending alot of time in the Jolly Jumper and can be quite cute in there. He had one of his new nurses start yesterday. She is actually from the hospital and has taken care of both him and Elle. There is also one other that has agreed to do some respite for us from the hospital so we are absolutely thrilled to have them. The thing I like the most is that I barely have to orientate them and I can go get groceries, mall, hair cut ect. pretty much the next time they come......otherwise if its someone new I have a hard time trusting them and I lurk around for months until I feel comfortable leaving them alone.....Kaden had a little problem with his monitor (we hook him up to a sat monitor that measures the o2 in his blood and his heart rate when he is sleeping. That is how we tell if he is having a seizure.) Anyways I hooked him up to is this afternoon for his nap and it wouldn't work!!! So long story short I had to send my sister all the way to Morden to pick up a new one otherwise we were only going to get the new one tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ummmm, that would have meant that I would have (and Nana) had to stay awake all night watching him sleep making sure he was not having a seizure!!! So now we have a nice brand new monitor and its much smaller!!!! YEAH!!!!

Elle went to school today for the first time in about 5 weeks!! She was awake by 8:30 and off to school by 10:30 and never slept at all during school!!! We are planning to send her tomorrow too if all works out. Next week she will go but not everyday as we are nervous she will get sick again......She will also be going for a repeat blood work on Monday to check her white blood cells, red blood cells, hemoglobin and platelets......they seem to be coming up so that is a positive.
She is also having a Healthcare Aide come on Saturday (5-11pm) for her first shift with Elle. Needless to say I will NOT be going out anywhere especially when its a Healthcare Aide.....I could go on and on about how I hate how people think they can make the decision about what is best for Elle (and Kaden for that matter) but I don't think anyone really wants to hear it....

No comments: