Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Beautiful Girl!!!!











Today is Elle's Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She turned 7.....and we can't hardly believe its been 7 years. Well, in a way it has felt like 14 and in other ways it feels like just yesterday. She did not go to school today as her nurse took the day off and there is not a replacement right now to take her to school.

Kaden had a Neurology appointment first thing this morning (8am)....I totally hate early morning appointments but that is when they could fit us in. Paul stayed home with Elle which was nice as its nearly impossible for me to take both of them on my own. Guess I could if I absolutely had to but if I can get someone to help its always easier. We met with the Neurologist and went over all his meds ect and have decided that we would do another decrease and check his levels again in 10ish days to see if they are going down. His last level was 54.4 and he has been quite sleepy and a little grumpy. Grumpy can be a sign of the level being too high along with sleeping alot.

Nana, Papa, Auntie Lori and Lori's friend Jackie came over for dinner. Nana and Auntie made a birthday cake for Elle.

They are both sleeping now so I am going to finish the last of my jobs for the day and get to bed.....today was a long day being up at 5:55am.....

4 comments:

Thelma J. said...

Happy Birthday, Elle! Just wanted you to know Candace that I follow your blog regularly. Am so glad that you're in a healthy stretch right now and hope it continues for a very long time! Madison who is rarely ill has been sick since Sunday with a flu bug and I realize how good health is taken for granted until its not there. Do you get Canadian Living magazine? The Jan/09 issue has an article on "Miracle Children." I thought of your family when I read it - one mom says how her special needs' son "has brought the gift of peace and happiness to her life. How can I see him enjoy life through unbelievable challenges, and not enjoy mine? Now I feel joy in most things I do." Sounds like Elle who always seems to have a smile on her face. Hope you had a fun celebration with her.

Jolene said...

Ashley and Hope and Brodie wish you a happy birthday Elle. We love seeing your smiles.

Lorraine said...

Glad to see Elle had a great birthday! We were thinking about her and you all. The pictures are great - Elle looks so pretty :)

19

Anonymous said...

Wow amazing how time flies. I was not on line much so I missed the blessed event, but I am thrilled with the pictures and can not wait to see everyone.

Happy Birthday big girl :) see you soon!!!

Aynsley