Thursday, February 5, 2009

Appointments, appointments, and more appointments......

Will these appointments ever stop???????

Monday......only day of nothing....

Tuesday.....VCUG (voiding cysto-urethrogram) at the hospital up at Nuclear Medicine.....they filled her little belly with fluid and some nuclear substance and scanned her for maybe ten minutes watching to make sure her kidneys and bladder were not refluxing then we had to wait till she voided....they put about 450 ml into her belly.....needless to say her tummy was looking VERY full. All went well she voided and we were off!! We don't have any results yet.

Wednesday.....my mom/sister and I cleaned (rather made a dint) in the basements. What a daunting job. I went through 6 years of Elle's clothing.....keeping my memories of her and a give away pile....if I had my choice I would just build another house to store all that stuff. Sadly when I try to think of what she was like when she was a baby I feel like I have forgotten......

Wednesday Night & Thursday......all four of us had a sleepover at the hospital!!!! WOOHOO!!!! Both kiddies had sleep studies done. We got to the hospital around 8:30ish then they were hooked up to electrodes (MANY) on their heads, legs, chest, belts around their chest to measure breathing or lack of, toe probes for oxygen saturation, oxygen prongs (Kaden only) another type of prongs below the nose to measure CO2......Poor Kaden hardly had any empty facial skin left exposed. Elle woke up at 3:30am for about an hour then fell back asleep, Kaden was stirring at the same time but didn't wake up. They took a cap gas (finger poke) at 5:30am then they removed all the stuff and were were back home this morning by 7:30am. Kaden still sleeping and Elle fell back asleep while driving.....Elle was awake by 9am and off to school by 10:30 and surprisingly she had a fairly decent day!!

Friday......We have to take Kaden for a weight in at Children's Rehab as his ketones are non existant and he may have gained so much weight that his ratio is now off......then, from there we are off to the hospital to get his Port-a Cath heparinized (has to be done once a month) and Elle is getting a new button (feed tube) put in, and then, we have to go up to the homecare office to pick up Kaden's spare feed tube.......THEN.....we can go home and clean up the house!!!!!!

The weekend.......I love the weekend......NO APPOINTMENTS!!!!!!!!

So far next week Kaden only has one appointments....we will see how long that lasts.....

1 comment:

Nana said...

Candace you did very well sorting out Elle's clothes. It is difficult to give away her things. I can hardly believe all the clothes I bought her along the way. When it comes to those two kids I have no control, I just buy. They both deserve so much more than we can ever give them. They are not spoiled, they deserve it.

Have a great day!! See you on the weekend.

Mom